PHCC of California Continuing Education
Continuing education plays an important role in ensuring that industry professionals of all kinds are armed with the latest knowledge in the field.
It takes a great deal of training to learn the skills needed to do the job properly and efficiently and to reach personal career goals. Skills that are constantly improving should be considered a life-long practice.
The card for PHCC of California members is valid for three (3) years, at which time a renewal test must be taken to renew the card and CAPHCC must have on record that 18 hours of Continuing Education have been met, (6 hours per year) preferably in a PHCC-sanctioned class.
The card for non-members is valid for one (1) year, at which time a renewal form must be completed and fees paid to renew the card. Non-members must also take a renewal test every three (3) years.
A PHCC-sanctioned class is defined as a class held by the PHCC of California or a PHCC Chapter using state-approved curriculum. i.e. the PHCC of California code update class, the 2009 UPC or IAPMO materials, etc.
Additional PHCC-sanctioned classes would include:
- A code update class taught by a PHCC instructor or local plumbing inspector.
- Water heater/boiler/tankless training or similar training provided by a factory representative or equivalent.
- GreenPlumber USA Training Any Safety class, Forklift Training, Scissor Lift Training, OSHA Training Class etc. provided a certificate is given.
- Class would have to be at least 2 hours minimum with a certificate of completion provided by the manufacturer.
- A backflow prevention certification or re-certification class.
Any Industry related class that is 2 hours or more and can produce a certificate may be submitted to the state office for approval.
Classes should be pre-approved in advance by the PHCC of California Executive Vice President if not a PHCC-sanctioned class.
Each PHCC Chapter across the state offers PHCC-Sanctioned Continuing Education
For more information, contact Theresa Perez, Training Coordinator, PHCC of California at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-925-7390.
Following is a suggested timeline for card renewals:
0 – 1 year – 6 CE hours
1-2 year – 12 CE hours
2-3 years – 18 CE hours